RN Case Manager - Inpatient Unit - Night Shift
POSITION: RN CASE MANAGER - Inpatient Care Center
STATUS: FT - 7pm - 7am
The RN Case Manager IPU (Inpatient Care Unit) is responsible for providing high quality skilled care to patients with acute needs. The RN Case Manager IPU (Inpatient Unit) utilizes assessment, intervention, and education to maximize patient comfort and to enhance the quality of life for the patient/family. The RN Case Manager IPU oversees and case manages the needs of the patients in the IPU during their shift. This includes providing supervision for the LPN’s, CNA’s, and other assigned staff on the IPU.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Currently licensed in the State of Florida as a registered nurse
- Minimum of one (1) years nursing experience in an acute care setting preferred
- Strong ethical standards and an appropriate professional demeanor
- Should possess sound critical thinking, time management, technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong
- The ideal candidate is a well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player
- Must have reliable transportation to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance and have a valid Florida driver’s license, a copy of which will be placed in their employee file.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Case manages the needs of the patients in the IPU during their shift
- Takes independent action to identify problems
- Performs ongoing assessment of physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of the patient/family unit and initiates appropriate intervention
- Provides and/or oversees supervision of LPN’s, CNA’s, and other assigned staff
- Supports policies and procedures
- Assists in the orientation of new staff members
- Functions as a resource person; provides mentoring and guidance for co-workers and additional staff
- Maintains positive working relationships with team members of all disciplines
- Attends to patient/family complaints and concerns
- Creates and promotes initiatives to develop and strengthen relationships with care facility partners
- Takes a proactive approach to identifying and resolving potential issues
- Educates the community regarding hospice care, philosophy, and concept through individual consultation with persons in the community,
- Communicates regularly with the Nurse Care Manager and continuously assesses areas for risk management
- Maintains current with organizational and departmental communication via e-mail. All nursing staff are required to check their e-mail accounts at the start of each shift.
- Effectively communicates, collaborates, and coordinates with colleagues and management on issues related to nursing process and service
- Creates and implements nursing care plans which are reviewed daily and updated as needed
- Considers financial implications in rendering cost-effective nursing care
- Ensures professional standards of nursing practice are maintained
- Completes required documentation prior to departing from scheduled shift
- Actively participates in the IDG (Interdisciplinary Group) and communicates patient needs appropriately to other disciplines when requested
- Collaborates with team physician daily on the status of the patient
- Works closely with the Psychosocial team in determining the appropriate discharge plan for each patient
- Performs other duties as requested by the Nurse Care Manager
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Maintains up to date skill sets as required to care for patients with acute skill needs
- Possesses ability to multi-task; exhibits adaptability and flexibility in meeting Gulfside Hospice & Pasco Palliative Care objectives
- Ensures compliance with all patient care and documentation standards and regulations
- Assists in the implementation and maintenance of the policies and procedures of the nursing department; adheres to and assists in the evaluation of the same
- Assists in maintaining federal and state regulatory compliance
- Proficient in electronic medical record
- Demonstrates courtesy, respect, sound judgment, and professionalism.
- Listens with patience and respect for the other person.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and decisions.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all dealings.
- Maintains a positive attitude and caring spirit.
- Makes effective use of work time to accomplish tasks, keeps breaks and socializing to a minimum.
- Dependable, trustworthy, and demonstrates appropriate attendance pattern.
- Demonstrates concern for the rights, opinions, privacy and confidentiality of others.
- Willingly seeks new assignments, assumes additional duties when necessary, and takes independent action to identify problems.
- Seeks management involvement when necessary.
- Demonstrates prudent use of company resources.
- Practices Gulfside’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Core Philosophy in both words and actions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects/tools/controls, reach with hands/arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, taste, or smell. This position requires moving/transferring of bed bound patients who are unable to assist; weight varies up to 250 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Gulfside Hospice and Pasco Palliative Care
Gulfside Hospice & Pasco Palliative Care (GHPPC) is a community-based nonprofit organization providing hospice services throughout Pasco County, Florida for 25 years. We are there when our patients need us the most – providing comfort care for those living with a life-limiting illness, their loved ones and those who have lost someone special in their lives. Patients in Gulfside’s care know dignity, peace and comfort through the support and understanding of our professional staff and dedicated volunteers.
GHPPC provides an excellent benefits package to all full time employees including affordable healthcare, dental, vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), FSA and HSA options, company sponsored life insurance and long term disability, matching 403b contributions, generous paid time off allocation, paid holidays, and tuition rembursement. We also partner with GTE, AFLAC, Rasmussen College, Sam's Club, and the YMCA for value added voluntary employee benefits.
Our vision is to be the Provider of Choice for people in need and the Employer of Choice for talented, skilled and creative professionals.
It is the policy of Gulfside Hospice & Pasco Palliative Care, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated or other covered veteran, or an other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Company Website: www.ghppc.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)